Tag Archives: Upgrade
[Muzaq] Native Instruments Komplete 9 To Be Released Tomorrow
Check Native Instruments’ site here for details.
COMPARISON CHART – KOMPLETE 8 VS. KOMPLETE 9
[Muzaq] Ableton Live 9 and Push Release On March, 5th
Ableton Live or Suite 9 for such a fair price. The boxed version is even more rebated when you buy it via Thomann. So folks enjoy…
[Muzaq] Features of Ableton’s Push Controller
Ableton’s announcement that the Push controller and Ableton Live 9 are gonna be released in Q1/2013 some videos surfaced on the net explaining how to use Push. Pricetag for Push is $599/€499 including Live Intro.
Although Push looks similar to well known Live controllers like AKAI’s APC series or Novation’s LaunchPad, it features certain details, the other controllers don’t have.
- powered via USB, brightness gets increased when using the included power supply
- 2 x footswitch (custom assigned)
- 64 pads: velocity and pressure-sensitive, RGB backlight
- 11 touch sensitive encoders
- 4 line LCD display
- 12cm touch strip for pitch bend/scrolling
- 24 LEDs for navigation
- (it seems it has been designed in cooperation with AKAI)
1. Playing and Step Sequencing Beats
[Muzaq] Ableton to Release Live 9 and Push in Q1/2013
Ableton AG just announced the most anticipated update of their flagship Live and a hardware device named the Push controller. Both releases are expected to be available in the first quarter of 2013, though Ableton did not officially provide an exact release date as of yet.
According to an interview Gerhard Behles gave the Deutsche Welle in 2010, Ableton sold more than 1 million copies of Live until then.
Live 9 Features
- session automation:
automation is now recorded in clips. Automation can be moved between arrangement and session view and vice versa. Edit automation with curves.
- updated browser:
sth. many ppl. wanted to see: searching and finding instruments, effects, samples, packs VSTs is now made easier than ever before. Instant search as you type. And sort by various categories.
- updated and new effects:
the effects have been reworked. Ableton added an analogue modelled Glue Compressor and a Convolution Reverb (Max4Live), Ableton updated the EQ8 to display a spectrum view and the Compressor to feature Gain Reduction
- new features:
audio to MIDI. Melodies and Drums can now be extracted to MIDI. Harmony-to-MIDI extracts notes and chords from audio stems.
- Max 4 Live:
the integration of M4L that has started in 2009 has now been completed. M4L is now part of Ableton Live Suite
- tons of new sounds
[Pre] WebOS Update 1.3.1 Released in Europe
As of today European GSM Palm Pre customers on the Telefonica networks (O2 Germany, O2 UK, Movistar Spain) can download and install WebOS Update 1.3.1.
After downloading the 134MBytes update it will be validate for about some five minutes. Have your battery loaded, installation will take another 10 minutes.
Now, go and get it. It has eventually some nice improvements in performance.
It also brings back support for iTunes synchronization. Albeit for iTunes 9.01 only. Current version is iTunes 9.02. So the golden rule seems to be better don’t update iTunes too early if you’re having a Palm Pre.
» Palm.com: Features of Update 1.3.1…
[Pre] Update 1.3.1 for GSM to be Released Nov 23, 2009 ?
According to a posting to the german Nexave forums the european Palm Pre 1.3.1 update (for GSM phones) will be released on monday November 23, 2009. The update does not seem to include activation of the GPU.
We recommend to remove custom installed homebrew patches.
- Synergy: – Calendar and Contacts synchronization with Yahoo!
- LinkedIn contacts synchronization
- Synchronizes Google Contacts “My Contacts” (not all)
- Manual edit of Internet settings (APN, user name, password, etc.)
- Option to disable all data connections
- Bluetooth support to send / receive vCards
- Backup and restore:
- No backup of passwords for increased security
- Disabling of backup service works
- Backup Browser Favorites
- iTunes support from version 9.x
- Available space is immediately updated and displayed when in USB mass storage mode data is added or removed
- Manual e-mail retrieval works
- SMS / MMS forwarding, and marking of all communications
- Highlight / copy of selected areas of SMS and IM messages
- Browser: File download in browser
- Highlight / copy of text in the browser
- Support for Self-Signed Certificates
- System volume was optimized
- Optimization of the audible during an incoming call when another call is active
- AppCatalog: Recommendation for Apps can be forwared via email or SMS
- Facebook Application
- Country-Specific Application Offers
- Initial Registration: password input is now a part of the recovery (because passwords will no longer be backed up) and now entering a security question and answer in the account creation is mandatory. SIM card PIN is requested during the registration process.
via Nexave.de Forums…
[Pre] WebOS Update 1.3.1 Coming End of November
Palminfocenter is reporting that webOS 1.3.1 is coming to european Palm Pre’s by the end of november.
They say they gotten this news from UK O2’s reps. Palm did not comment on this, though.
» PalmInfoCenter.com: webOS 1.3 in Europe by end of november…
[Pre] Palm Pixi Running webOS 1.3.1 in the Wild
On November 15th, 2009 it is rumored the new webOS 1.3.1 will be made available to worldwide Palm Pre users. On Monday a video on YouTube appeared that already shows a Palm Pixi running the new webOS 1.3.1.
Besides some boost in speed, the web browser in the 1.3.1 update obviously is able to recognize Adobe Flash already, though it does not run it (screenshot below captured at 0:24).
» Precentral: Pixi running webOS 1.3.1 captured on video…
» Precentral: Adobe Flash Placeholder spotted in 1.3.1…
[MacOS] Parallels Desktop 5 Released
The virtualizing software Parallels Desktop has been updated to version 5. Besides performance optimization and 3d performance boost, the integration of a Microsoft Windows operating system into the Mac environment has been significantly improved.
Parallels Desktop 5 features:
- integration of Apple trackpad gestures (like horizontal scrolling) into the Windows guest operating system
- copy and paste of texts and layouts between the operating systems
- Mac look for Windows guest programs
Parallels Desktop 5 is available in German, English, French and Spanish. With more languages like Chinese, Japanese and Russian to come soon.
It will come bundled with
- 1-year free Parallels Internet Security 2009 by Kasperky
- Acronis Disk Director Suite 10 and
- Acronis True Image Home 11
The full version costs about €80, an update is available for €50. And customers who bought Parallels Desktop after October 1st, 2009 are entitled for a free upgrade.