Ableton’s announcement that the Push controller and Ableton Live 9 are gonna be released in Q1/2013 some videos surfaced on the net explaining how to use Push. Pricetag for Push is $599/€499 including Live Intro.
Although Push looks similar to well known Live controllers like AKAI’s APC series or Novation’s LaunchPad, it features certain details, the other controllers don’t have.
- powered via USB, brightness gets increased when using the included power supply
- 2 x footswitch (custom assigned)
- 64 pads: velocity and pressure-sensitive, RGB backlight
- 11 touch sensitive encoders
- 4 line LCD display
- 12cm touch strip for pitch bend/scrolling
- 24 LEDs for navigation
- (it seems it has been designed in cooperation with AKAI)
1. Playing and Step Sequencing Beats
2. Working with Sounds
3. Playing Notes and Chords
4. Improvising and Playing with Loops