Just in time for the Musikmesse in Frankfurt (March 21st – 24th, 2012), the german audio company RME just presented a new possibly record breaking digital audio card. According to Digital Audionetworx and Synthax Store (both german only) the “HDSPe MADI FX” will feature:
- a max of 194 input- and 196 output channels
- 192 channels at 48kHz / 24bit rec/playback
- 96 channels at 96kHz / 24bit rec/playback
- 48 channels at 192kHz / 24bit rec/playback
- 2 x MADI I/O optical
- 1 x MADI I/O coaxial
- 1 x AES/EBU I/O
- 1 x Wordclock I/O
- 1 x MIDI I/O via DIN plug
- 3 x MIDI I/O via MADI
- 1 x Stereo Analogue Output
- PCIe slots, but two slotpositions on motherboard
- a minimum of 32 samples latency
- via internal DSP TotalMix FX allows EQs, Compressors, Reverbs and Echo on every channel
Continue reading →
Looking at the situation in Japan at these days, it seems overdue to begin worrying about all our energy consuming devices.
As a MacOS user we are used to some quite convenient features. Like just clicking sleep and the system goes to sleep.
What most of us don’t realize at this point is, that sleep mode logically requires energy as it will immediately wake up when I hit the keyboard.
So for me this began causing me a bad conscious – until I found the way to hibernate MacOS also on desktops
How to Hibernate aka Deep Sleep
- Download Axonic Labs’ Deep Sleep Widget for Snow Leopard 10.6 here.
- Unpack by double clicking
- Install to
- open terminal and
- enter in terminal:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 3
Step 5. because Hibernation Safe Sleep is disabled by default on desktop systems like iMac, Mac Mini, or Mac Pro’s.
By the way: first tests show that this Deep Sleep Widget is at least compatible to Chameleon EFI RC4 :-))