Good news for the App-a-holics among us. A specific audiostreaming protocol is to come to the iOS platform. It’s named Audiobus.
While formerly the export to the cloud or via iTunes to the Host-PC/Mac was required, now using Audiobus we can stream audio from one app to another. Release date is december, 10th and the pricetag is named with 10US$ according the german tech news Heise.de.
Several apps will immediately receive updates to support Audiobus, among these are:
- Funkbox (audio input)
- JamUp XT and JamUp Pro XT (efx)
- Loopy and Loopy HD (audio input and output)
- MultiTrack DAW (audio output)
- NLog Midi Synth and NLog Midi Synth Pro (audio input, efx and output)
- Rebirth (audio input)
- SoundPrism Pro (audio input)
- Sunrizer Synth (audio input
More apps supporting the Audiobus protocol to come, as Apple is said to have this protocol officially allowed. For developers an SDK is available. Check the vids for some more insights… enjoy fellas…
Sunrizer thru Echo pad using Audiobus
Using Loopy HD to loop JamUp with FunkBox/SoundPrism Pro