VMWare has released VMWare Fusion 2.0 beta for MacOS X. Fusion will integrate McAfee Antivirus solution with an upgrade and update plan for 12 months. Moreover Fusion 2.0 will be available as a free update for Fusion 1.0 customers.
- Application sharing: link filetypes from MacOS X to run a specific Windows program (on your guest) and vice versa, link filetypes within your virtual machine to run a specific MacOS program (on your host)
- McAfee VirusScan Plus Subscription for 12 months
- Language Support: Exptended Spanish and Italian Language support
- Folder Mirroring: Link your documents, pictures etc. folders from within your Windows VM to your host’s documents, pictures folder.
- Automattic Snapshots for further protection against viruses
- Keyboard and Mouse shortcut mapping: link special Windows commands like “insert” “print screen” to unused F-Keys like “F13″, F14” and so on
- Improved DirectX integration thru hardware accelerated 3D graphics: even running 720p or 1080p videos smoother
Downloading the beta version as demo requires registration on VMWare site (go here). A free beta serial key is provided aswell.
See official VMWare trailer here: