It seems Palm has eventually understood that Germany might be an important market for their Pre. The Pre is the most sold smartphone on the carrier O2 Germany. O2 Germany yesterday started to distribute webOS 1.4. The update we’ve all been waiting for desperately.
Free commercial Games for german customers
Sadly Electronic Arts’ free download offer for:
- Need for Speed
- The Sims
is for german customers only. Sorry guys from whereever you are.
WebOS comes with some minor ;-) feature additions:
- Video recording and editing
- Video uploading to Facebook and Youtube
- Better performance when starting apps
- Telephone app performs a lot faster
- Longer battery runtime
- Messaging software allows calling numbers directly
- SMS/MMS can be forwarded via e-mail
- Videos can be attached to MMS’
- phone numbers can be called from the calendar
- E-mails can be sorted by date, sender, and subject
- Middle button blinks as notification
- Wi-Fi can be deactivated again if in sleep (prolonged battery life about 30% in first test)
- Adobe Flash 10.1 support (will be added to the App Catalog soon)
Find a lot more about the Pre’s latest update in this article on Golem.de (click here for autotranslated version).