- right click the .dmg file
- a submenu opens, in that submenu choose:
unpack to <nameofmydmg\>
- wait a couple of secs while unpacking and
open the subfolder <nameofmydmg\>
- you should find a bunch of files:
0.MBR 1.Primary GPT Header 2.Primary GPT Table 3.free 4.hfs 5.free 6.Backup GPT Table 7.Backup GPT Header
- The file for further examination is "4.hfs". It mostly is a lot bigger than all the rest of the files.
- now do a right click on
- choose 7-Zip
- a submenu opens again, now in that submenu choose:
unpack to <4\>
- et voilà...
[MacOS] Handle DMG Images under Microsoft Windows
September 14th, 2010 J. ΞPSTΞÏN 42,613
Are you one of those lonesome people who tried to access the contents of a DMG image under Windows? Yes, there are several ways like converting to ISO with programs like Magic-Iso or mounting with Mac-Drive. All these solutions are nice, handy and well... expensive... Simply using 7-zip is in my opinion the easiest way, as all of us should have 7-Zip installed anyway ;-)You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.