If you are working with virtual machines for testing and development purposes often, it might be comfy not to have to login manually after each reboot. So for those circumstances you can use a somewhat hidden feature to automatically login.
We strongly recommend not to do this on your working machine where you store all your sensitive information.
- Click on Windows Start symbol and type
- you need to run the command prompt with administrator privileges, so don’t just click Enter, but
[CTRL] + [SH!FT] + [ENTER]
- A command prompt windows opens, please type here
- A window pops ups where you can disable this option
Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer
- After disabling you immediately will be asked to provide the login password
- now you’re done
For obvious reasons, this option is not available on systems running with domain controlled accounts.