[iOS] Apps Crashing iOS 5.01
February 14th, 2012
You're running a jailbroken iOS 5.01 on an iPad 2 and you cannot use Firewall iP
. Installing Firewall iP shows no indication of errors, but when you try to start it, it just splashes shortly and closes instantly. This behaviour is known to some more applications (like Safari or Mail).
It looks like incompatible iOS Apps are responsible for that behaviour. At the moment there seems to be no known approach to find out which app causes issues, but trial and error.
Step 1. Preparations
Step 2. Transferring Apps and Purchases to your Mac/PC
- connect your iDevice to iTunes (cable preferred, WiFi may take forever)
- login and authorize iTunes on this Mac/PC
Step 3. Remove all Apps from your iDevice
- on Windows:
right mouse-click on your mounted iDevice (left navigation)
CMD + mouse-clickon your mounted iDevice (left navigation)
- a context menu pops up
- in that context menu, choose
- depending on the amount and the size of the Apps, Books and Videos you have on your iDevice, this may take a while. Prolly time to get yourself a coffee ;-)
Step 4. Trial and Error
- now you have transferred all Apps to your iTunes account
- in iTunes go to the
Sync Apps selected (!!!)
- now all your apps have been removed from your iDevice but are kept as backup in iTunes
- so the last step is simple
select a couple of Apps and hit
(we used to install 4 apps every round until we determined
which App causes conflicts)
- try to start Firewall iP,
if it runs properly, install more apps...
if it doesn't work, splashes and crashes, remove the last couple of apps and install the one by one, until you found the devil-app.
In our case an App by a german logistics company named
was causing issues.
You can leave a response
, or trackback
from your own site.